Saturday, February 22, 2014

Choose Natural Sugars - Choose to avoid Refined Sugars

I can't speak for everyone when i talk about sugar addiction.. But i can speak for myself.. When I first went on a sugar detox.. i had a my eyes wide open.. I thought well i can do this. how difficult can it be… You do go through the tiredness, the nausea, the crankiness… it really is addictive. (apparently more addictive than drugs) .. so weaning yourself off it doesn't necessarily come easy..

However if you can take the time to do it.. I try to keep the recipes here free from processed sugars, and try to use Raw Honey, Bananas , Dates and other natural sugars

Here's an interesting graphic i came across regarding sugars addiction and our health


A few things on the harmful effects of sugar also are




So do yourself a favor today… If looking for something 'sweet treat'.. Avoid a shop bought bar, cake or  refined sugars..

Reach for natural sugars instead such as a piece of fruit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment